To access: AppDynamics Home > Servers
The Servers list shows all machines registered by a Standalone Machine Agent. This list shows metric data for Server-Visibility-enabled machines only. Machines registered with App or .NET Agents, with no Standalone Machine Agent running, do not appear in this list.
On the Servers list you can:
- See the complete list of machine agents reporting to this controller. The Name is take from the value in
controller-info.xml. The last string after the last | (pipe) is used. For example, if the value is
<machine-path>Group | myName<machine-path>, then the name will be "myName". For
<machine-path>JustName<machine-path>, then the name will be "JustName".
- Filter the list using the dropdown to show all servers (the default) or just servers with Server Visibility enabled or disabled.
Use View Options to select the columns shown for each server in the table. You can show or hide metrics such as CPU Steal, Load Average, Memory Swap Used, and Network I/O. You can also show or hide properties such as Host ID and JVM version.
- See key performance metrics for your monitored servers at a glance.
- Change the time period of the metrics displayed.
- See an overview of the health of the servers, as determined by whether any health rules have been violated. See View Health Rule Status in the UI.
- Click the violations icon ( ) to view health rule violations for a server.
- Click on any point on a spark chart to see the percentage usage at that time.
- Sort the chart by any of the columns.
- Right-click on a set of selected servers to
- Delete the servers from the Servers list. See "Delete Selected Machine Agent" in Manage Machine Agents.
- View and analyze log data for the servers (if you have an Application Analytics license). See Application Analytics.
- Set the Dynamic Monitoring Mode on the servers. See Dynamic Monitoring Mode and Server Visibility.
- See additional details of servers that are enabled for Server Visibility. Double-click a selected server to see server-specific dashboard, and details of the server's volumes, network, and processes.
- Disable automatic sorting of the Servers List table when it first loads. This option is useful if the Controller is monitoring hundreds or thousands of Standalone Machine Agents and the table takes a long time to load. This option also disables the ability to sort the table by any metric or metric trend column. To enable this option for an individual account, do the following:
- Log in to the Controller admin page (<controller-hostname>/controller/admin.jsp)
- From Accounts, open the account page of interest.
- Click + Add Property and enter:
- Property = SIM_DISABLE_MACHINE_SORTING
- value = true
Available Metrics in the Servers List
|Specifies the root of the hierarchical path to the server. See the machine hierarchy property in this topic: Standalone Machine Agent Configuration Property Reference.|
|Indicates if server health rules have been violated on this machine.|
Disk Usage % trend
|The percentage usage trend over time of storage space in use across all listed volumes, partitions, and disks.|
|The percentage of time the CPU was busy processing system or user requests.|
|The trend over time of CPU usage.|
|The percentage of memory used.|
|The trend over time of memory usage.|
Disk I/O (%)
|The percentage of time spent performing read and write operations across one or more disks, volumes, or partitions.|
Disk IO Trend
|The trend over time of disk usage.|
Network I/O (%)
|The average network utilization of network bandwidth for all monitored network devices. |
In some cases, if the Network I/O percentage value is too small compared to the network speed (10,000 Mb/s), it is rounded to zero on the Servers List. Therefore, in this case, the Network I/O % shows as zero even though drilling down into details for the machine might show network traffic.
The trend over time of network usage.
Server Visibility Enabled
|Indicates if Server Visibility is enabled for this machine. Values=Yes, No, and Not Supported. Not Supported indicates that Server Visibility is not available for that machine OS.|
Representation of the machine's OS