On this page:
- Standalone Machine Agent Configuration Property Reference
- Plan the Machine Agent Configuration
- .NET Compatibility Mode
AppDynamics provides flexibility for configuring the machine agent so that you can choose the best fit for your deployment environment.
Not all options are available for all properties. See Standalone Machine Agent Configuration Property Reference for details.
How to Configure the Machine Agent Properties
You can configure the Machine Agent in the following ways:
- Edit the controller-info.xml file located in the
- Add agent system properties (
-D<system_property>) section of the Machine Agent start-up script or on the command line
- Use environment variables. To configure the agent with environment variables, set the value of the environment variable in the environment where the monitored application runs and restart the agent. Environment variables exist for most of the agent settings in the
controller-info.xml file, but not all settings are configurable through environment variables. For those settings, you need to use system properties or controller-info.xml, as described in the Standalone Machine Agent Configuration Property Reference.
The JVM system properties and environment variables override the settings in the controller-info.xml file. The Machine Agent applies configurations from the following sources in order. The agent applies the first non-empty value for a configuration property.
- Environment variables.
- System properties passed in the start command for the JVM.
Global configuration file: <machine-agent-home>/conf/controller-info.xml.
Machine Agent controller-info.xml File