On this page:
On this page:
Synthetic Agent Licenses / Editions
There are two Synthetic Agent licenses: Synthetic Hosted Agent and Synthetic Private Agent.
The table below provides an overview of the two licenses and the available editions:
|Synthetic Agent License||Available Editions||License Unit||Description|
|Synthetic Hosted Agent||Pro||Synthetic Time Blocks (STBs)|
Synthetic Hosted Agent licensing is based on units known as Synthetic Time Blocks (STBs).
For license details, see the following entry on the License Entitlements and Restrictions page:
|Lite Edition||Synthetic Time Blocks (STBs)||A Lite Edition license gives you 4,000 Synthetic Time Blocks (STBs) per month and only allows you to create on-demand jobs.|
|Synthetic Private Agent||Pro||Pages × Locations|
The Synthetic Private Agent licensing is based on page counts and locations (Pro) or just pages (Unlimited Locations). One Synthetic Private Agent license can only have either the Pro or the Unlimited Locations edition, not both.
Locations are user-defined. Add locations to get visibility from different offices or facilities. You can add multiple servers (“agents”) to a location to increase capacity: This doesn’t impact your license.
For license details, see the following entries on the License Entitlements and Restrictions page:
Additional License Details
To help you optimize the use of your Synthetic Agent license(s), keep the following in mind:
- Scheduled jobs are measured in terms of the time it takes to actually run the test in our systems. Because it is not possible to know in advance how long a given test may take, you can set a timeout value when you create the job, to place an upper limit on the time to be used for a test. If the test times out, you receive partial results.
- Once you have used up your monthly allotment, all your scheduled jobs are paused until the following month.
- If there is a problem accessing a site (receiving, for example, a 5xx error), the system automatically re-runs the test. You are charged for these retests.
- If you see a session with the status
INTERNAL_ERROR, this indicates a problem with AppDynamics' infrastructure, and you will not be charged—even if the session contains partial results.
- The browsers, frequency, duration, and other configuration of the synthetic job do not impact the license.
Browser Synthetic licenses are managed per month, and allotments are reset on the first of every month.
This is the license key associated with your EUM Account. It is used to associate your data with your account.
As your jobs run, your usage is tracked and the STBs you have already consumed and the STBs you are projected to consume in the current usage period are calculated. To see the current status of your account, check the Percent Quota Used line at the top of the Jobs window.
To see more details, click the line. The Synthetic Usage popup appears.