On this page:
Controller UI users can change their passwords, account settings, date and time format, and other preferences in the My Preferences page.
You can access the controls for changing your display name, contact email, or password from the My Preferences page by clicking the Edit link under your email. The controls require you to enter your password to complete the change.
The display name is the name that the Controller uses to identify you in certain screen text and messages. For example, it appears in notifications to other Controller users when you share a dashboard with them. A username cannot be changed. To effect a change of a username, you would need to have an administrator delete your account and create another one with the new name.
You can display non-English languages in the Controller UI. To do so, enable your preference option for using system fonts. This directs the UI to display text in the font configured for the system running the browser.
Certain user account settings are attributes of local users (that is, users validated against credentials stored in AppDynamics). If your Controller is configured to use an external authentication mechanism instead, such as SAML or LDAP, you need to change the equivalent settings in the external system instead.
Your Controller administrator may require strong passwords for local accounts. A strong password must meet these requirements:
- Must be at least eight characters in length
- Must contain both uppercase and lowercase letters
- Must contain at least one number
- Must not be the same as your username or email address
The Controller UI provides the following user preferences:
- Date Format: By default, the format is MM/DD/YY (for example, 09/25/14). Choose an alternate format from the drop-down menu.
- Use 24 hour Time Format: Enable this option if you want the UI to represent time in 24-hour time format instead of 12 hour clock format.
- Enable Help Pop-ups: Help popups provide help text in context in the Controller UI. By default, they are enabled. To prevent help popups from appearing in the UI, clear this checkbox. Alternatively, you can prevent individual popups by selecting the Don't Show Again checkbox when the popup appears.
- Graph Color Scheme for the Metric Browser: Select either Light or Dark to change the metric browser color scheme.
- Graph Color Scheme for All Other Graphs: Select either Light or Dark to change the navigation panel color scheme.
- Font: Determines the font type used in the UI. For screen text, the Controller UI uses a font set that it embeds by default. If the operating system of the computer on which you access the Controller UI uses a non-English language, you can configure the UI to use non-English languages by setting the font to use system fonts instead.
- Mouse Wheel Legacy Mode: If scrolling in the Controller UI using your mouse scroll doesn't work properly, you should try enabling the Mouse Wheel Legacy Mode option. This may be necessary if accessing the Controller UI with certain older browsers.
You may need to log out of the UI and log back in to see the effects of your changes.
Advanced User Preferences
The user preferences page presents advanced options that include cloud automation and debug mode.
Cloud automation is a feature that provides for automated workflows triggered by policy conditions.
To enable cloud automation features in the UI, select the Show Cloud Auto-Scaling option in your user preferences. With the option enabled, Cloud Auto-Scaling appears in the left sidebar. See Cloud Auto-Scaling for information about using cloud scaling automation features.
The debug mode in the Controller UI is primarily intended for internal use by the AppDynamics development team. In some cases, you may be asked to enable debug mode in consultation with AppDynamics Support, for example, when you are troubleshooting an issue. However, it is important to note that certain debug mode options can negatively impact Controller performance. For this reason, you should only enable debug mode when directly advised to do so by AppDynamics Support.