On this page:
On this page:
Upgrade the EUM Server
To upgrade the EUM Server, follow these steps:
- Stop the EUM Server.
- On the Server host, back up the old version by copying the <eum_server_home> directory to a safe location.
- Run the new installer on the Controller host machine and select option 2.
- Run the new installer on the EUM host machine and select option 3.
- (Optional) After the installation has completed, if you are using HTTPS:
- Edit the
$APPDYNAMICS_HOME/EUM/eum-processor/bin/eum.propertieswith a text editor.
- Add the following properties to the
- Assign new values to these properties or copy and paste the values from the
eum.propertiesfile from your 4.2 EUM Server.
- Restart the EUM Server.
- Edit the
- Confirm that the EUM Server is running by making a cURL request to your EUM Server. The server will respond with
pingas shown below.
Verify EUM Server Configuration after a Controller Upgrade
In version 4.2 of the AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform, configuration settings previously in the domain.xml file in the Controller application server configuration have been moved to be Controller Settings, which are accessible in the Controller Administration Console.
The Controller upgrade process takes care of the settings migration for you, but you may wish to verify the upgrade configuration as described here.
To verify EUM settings in the Controller configuration:
- From a terminal, navigate to the following directory on the Controller machine:
Open the backup of the domain.xml file generated during the upgrade process. The backup file is located in the same directory and is named with the following pattern, where yyyyMMdd_HHmmss is the time at which the backup was created:
Compare the JVM options indicated below from the backup domain file to the equivalent Controller Settings in the Administration Console:
JVM Options from domain.xml.bak Equivalent Global Controller Setting appdynamics.controller.eum.cloud.hostName eum.cloud.host appdynamics.controller.eum.beacon.hostName eum.beacon.host appdynamics.controller.eum.beacon.https.hostName eum.beacon.https.host appdynamics.controller.eum.analytics.service.hostName eum.es.host
In the file, the JVM options appear as -D system property arguments within jvm-options tags. For example:
If you notice any discrepancies, ensure that the Controller Setting has the correct value.