On this page:
This topic introduces the platform upgrade process.
Before you upgrade to a newer version of the platform, complete the following tasks:
- Review the latest Release Notes, as well as the release notes for intermediate versions between the current version and the version you are upgrading to.
- Review the compatibility support page.
- Verify that you meet the requirements described in the Platform Requirements for the components you use.
For platforms that include the Controller, the EUM Server, and/or the Events Service, the components must be upgraded in the following order:
- Platform Admin Application. Upgrade the Platform Admin Application by downloading and installing the latest version from the AppDynamics download site. This will upgrade Platform Admin specific binaries, including orcha, at the end of the upgrade.
- On-premises Events Service. Run the upgrade Events Service command. If you have previously used Platform Admin in 4.2 for managing the Events Service installation, you will have to first download and install the new Platform Admin installer before upgrading Events Service to 4.3.x. In addition, if you are upgrading from 4.2 to 4.3.x, you will have to discover the Events Service nodes using Platform Admin.
- EUM Server; depending on your installation type, see:
- If you are using a local Events Service that comes in bundled with the Controller, then you should upgrade the Controller first, which automatically upgrades the Events Service, and then upgrade the EUM Server.