On this page:
AppDynamics displays key metrics for Mobile RUM on the various dashboards in the Mobile UI and in the Metric Browser.
With the exception of App Crashes per Minute, the crash information displayed in the Controller UI is based on data stored in the Events Store and not displayed in the Metric Browser.
- App Crashes per Minute: the arithmetic average number of crashes
An HTTP error occurs when an HTTP request is sent and a response is received, but the response status code indicates that an error occurred. These errors suggest that the network is working correctly, but there is a problem on the client side (4xx status codes) or the server side (5xx status codes) that prevented normal handling of the request.
- HTTP Errors Per Minute: the arithmetic average of errors per minute for errors that return an HTTP response code between 400 and 599
- HTTP Errors (total): the total number of HTTP errors over the selected time range (shown in the Geo Dashboard)
A network error is any occurrence that prevents the HTTP request from being sent or the HTTP response from being received successfully. Typical causes of network errors include:
- Host cannot be resolved.
- Host refused connection.
- Connection timed out.
- Device is offline.
- General connectivity problems.
- Network Errors per Minute: the arithmetic average of network errors per minute
- Network Errors (total): total number of network errors over the selected time range (shown in the Geo Dashboard)
Network request metrics are reported for each platform and instrumented mobile application.
- Network Request Time: the arithmetic average interval in milliseconds between the time that a mobile application initiates a request by calling the system API and the time that the system returns the response to the application
- Requests per Minute: the arithmetic average number of HTTP requests per minute
- Total Requests: total of HTTP requests per minute over the selected time range (shown in the Geo Dashboard)
Crashes via Analyze
Crash measurements are created using the Analyze event store. They are displayed in the Crash Dashboard.
- Total Crashes: the total number of crashes over the selected time range
- Total Unique Crashes: the total number of unique crash types over selected time range
- Impacted Users: the total number of unique users affected by a crash
- Crashes by Usage Stats: the percentage of crashes based on device, OS version, carrier, and connection type
- Crashes by Geo Location: the total number of crashes by origin over the selected time range