Parts of the Controller UI for Browser RUM rely on processing done by the Events Service, including some of the widgets in the Browser App Dashboard and the Analyze page. For these metrics, you can choose to display either averages or percentiles.
A percentile is a measure that indicates a value below which a given percentage of values in a set falls: for example, the 99th percentile means that 99% of all values are below this level. Using percentiles can be a good way to reduce the impact of extreme outliers in performance metrics, which can be useful in the often noisy environments of end user monitoring. The Metric Browser also displays the percentiles.
- Enable/disable percentile metric display
- Set up to four different percentile levels to be applied to metrics
Access Configure Percentile Metrics
- Open the browser application in which you are interested.
- On the left navigation bar, select Configuration.
- Click Instrumentation >.
- Select the Settings tab.
- Find the Configure Percentile Metrics section.
Configure Percentile Metrics
- Check the Enable Percentile Metrics check box.
- Enter up to four percentile levels to collect in the Percentiles to Collect fields. Each value must be a whole number between 1 and 99.