Access the Servers List from AppDynamics Home by clicking Servers in the top navigation bar. A scrollable list of all the servers you are monitoring appears. If a machine is not enabled for Server Monitoring, the Servers list shows only the machine name and no metric data is shown on the sparkline graphs or in the tabular display. The machines displayed on this list are the ones registered by the Standalone Machine Agent. Machines registered by the embedded .NET Machine Agent or machines registered by an App Agent (on a machine that does not have a Standalone Machine agent running) are not displayed in this list.
On the Servers list you can:
- See the complete list of machine agents reporting to this controller. The Name is take from the value in
controller-info.xml. The last string after the last | (pipe) is used. For example, if the value is
<machine-path>Group | myName<machine-path>, then the name will be "myName". For
<machine-path>JustName<machine-path>, then the name will be "JustName".
- Filter the list using the dropdown to show all servers (the default) or just servers with Server Monitoring enabled or disabled.
- Use View Options to show optional fields, such as Trends and Host Id.
- See key performance metrics for your monitored servers at a glance.
- Change the time period of the metrics displayed.
- See an overview of the health of the servers, as determined by whether any health rules have been violated. See View Health Rule Status in the UI.
- Click on any point on a spark chart to see the percentage usage at that time.
- Sort the chart by any of the columns.
- Delete a machine from the Servers list. See Delete Machine.
- See additional details of servers that are enabled for Server Monitoring. Double-click a selected server to see server-specific dashboard, and details of the server's volumes, network, and processes.
- (New in 4.2.13) Disable automatic sorting of the Servers List table when it first loads. This option is useful if the Controller is monitoring hundreds or thousands of Standalone Machine Agents and the table takes a long time to load. This option also disables the ability to sort the table by any metric or metric trend column. To enable this option for an individual account, do the following:
- Log in to the Controller admin page (<controller-hostname>/controller/admin.jsp)
- From Accounts, open the account page of interest.
- Click + Add Property and enter:
- Property = SIM_DISABLE_MACHINE_SORTING
- value = true
Metrics on the Servers List Window
The following describes the columns available for the Servers list window:
- Hierarchy: Specifies the root of the hierarchical path to the server. See the machine hierarchy property in this topic: Standalone Machine Agent Configuration Property Reference.
- Health: Indicates if server health rules have been violated on this machine.
- Disk Usage % trend: The percentage usage trend over time of storage space in use across all listed volumes, partitions, and disks.
- CPU (%): The percentage of time the CPU was busy processing system or user requests.
- CPU Trend: The trend over time of CPU usage.
- Memory (%): The percentage of memory used.
- Memory Trend: The trend over time of memory usage.
- Disk I/O (%): The percentage of time spent performing read and write operations across one or more disks, volumes, or partitions.
- Disk IO Trend: The trend over time of disk usage.
- Network I/O (%): The average network utilization of network bandwidth for all monitored network devices.
In some cases, if the Network I/O percentage value is too small compared to the network speed (10,000 Mb/s), it is rounded to zero on the Servers List. Therefore, in this case, the Network I/O % shows as zero even though drilling down into details for the machine might show network traffic.
- Network Trend: The trend over time of network usage.
- Server Monitoring Enabled: Indicates if Server Monitoring is enabled for this machine. Values=Yes, No, and Not Supported. Not Supported indicates that Server Monitoring is not available for that machine OS.
- Icon: representation of the machine's OS
For more details on the metrics shown here, see Server Monitoring Metrics Reference.
Server Monitoring Administrator permission is required to delete machines.
You can delete machines from the Server list regardless of whether they are Server Monitoring enabled. You can select multiple machines for the delete action.
Deleting a machine from the Server list deletes the underlying machine metadata that displays on the AppDynamics Agents Admin page, but only if no APM nodes are currently associated with the same machine.
Deleting a machine that still has APM nodes currently associated with it removes the entry from the Servers list, but retains the underlying machine metadata. That information continues to be displayed on the AppDynamics Agents admin page.