On this page:
Access the Server Volumes data from AppDynamics Home top navigation bar by clicking Servers. On the Servers list double-click a server name, and click the Volumes tab.
On the Servers Volume tab for the selected server you can:
- See in the list of volumes, percentage used and total storage space available on the disk, partition or volume.
- See disk usage and I/O utilization, rate, operations per second, and wait time
- Change the time period of the metrics collected and displayed.
- Click on any point on a chart to see the metric value for that time.
Metrics on the Server Volumes Window
For each selected disk, partition or volume, the following describes the columns available for the Server Volumes window.
- Disk Usage %: The percentage of storage space in use.
- I/O Utilization %: The percentage of time spent performing read and write operations.
- I/O Rate read: The number of kilobytes per second of data read.
- I/O Rate write: The number of kilobytes per second of data write.
- I/O Operations per sec read: The number of read operations per second.
- I/O Operations per sec write: The number of write operations per second.
- I/O Wait Time read: The percentage of time the CPU was waiting for read operations to complete.
- I/O Wait Time write: The percentage of time the CPU was waiting for write operations to complete.
- Volume space metrics on POSIX systems are obtained using the "df" command.
- On Linux, the space reserved for root is not counted in the available space.
For more details of the metrics shown here, see Server Monitoring Metrics Reference.