On this page:
On this page:
The following steps describe how to upgrade from this earlier version running under the "analytics-all" configuration for the data storage node. Analytics-all is a YAML-specified configuration for running the storage node as a single node.
Upgrading from the Analytics Processor (pre-4.1 Events Service) to the 4.1 Events Service
Shut down the Analytics Processor:
- Download the 4.1 Events Service distribution file, events-service.zip.
- Unzip the Events Service ZIP file to the location where you want to install the Events Service, such as
/opt/appdynamics/. This creates a folder called events-service in the
Move (do not copy) the existing Analytics Processor directory to the Events Service directory. For example:
Copy the values of the following properties from
/opt/appdynamics/analytics-processor/conf/analytics-all.propertiesto their corresponding properties in
Also set the value of the
ad.es.path.homeproperty to the new path of the Events Service. For example:
Verify the setting that specifies the Events Service URL for the Controller. In previous versions, this value was set in the domain.xml file for the Controller, but is now a global setting in the administration console. To verify the setting:
Open the Administration Console, as described in Access the Administration Console.
Search for the following property:
- Verify that the setting has the correct URL for your Events Service host, including the API-Store port; for example, http://<hostname>:9080
From the Events Service home directory, start the Events Service processes using the events-service-all YAML file:
- From the Controller UI, ensure that the existing data appears in the Analytics UI.
Upgrading from 4.1.x
The following steps describe how to upgrade the Events Service software for a manually maintained Events Service installation.
You should perform the following steps on each Events Service node in your deployment. The procedure requires the Event Service process to be briefly shut down. If you have deployed the Events Service in a cluster, you can perform the upgrade procedure as a rolling upgrade, avoiding service downtime. As a rolling upgrade, you upgrade each machine while the other cluster nodes continue to respond to client requests.
- Download the Events Service distribution, events-service.zip, from the AppDynamics download site to the Events Service machine.
Stop the Events Service processes:
- Rename the existing Events Service directory, for example, to events-service-backup.
- Unzip the Events Service distribution archive you downloaded to the location where you want the Events Service to run.
- Migrate configuration changes from the properties files in the backup Events Service directory to the equivalent configuration file in the new directory. Depending on which type of deployment you are using, this involves inspecting and migrating settings between either:
- events-service-all.properties, or
- events-service-api-store.properties and events-service-zookeeper.properties
Move (do not copy) the old Events Service data directory to the new data directory. The new location should be the new Events Service home directory. (The Event Service home directory is determined by the
ad.es.path.homeproperty in the property file used to start up the Events Service). For example, given an Events Service home under
/opt/appdynamics/events-service/, the command would be:
- Restart the Events Service processes from the new directory and check the health API of the node. For information on performing these steps, see Install the Events Service on Linux or Install the Events Service on Windows.