On this page:
You can send metrics to the Standalone Machine Agent using its HTTP listener. You can report metrics through the Standalone Machine Agent by making HTTP calls to the agent instead of piping to the agent through sysout.
Activate the HTTP listener
To activate the HTTP listener, restart the Standalone Machine Agent by setting the metric.http.listener system property to true. In addition, you can specify the host and port with system properties.
The -D system properties are as follows:
- metric.http.listener: Required. Set to true.
- metric.http.listener.port: Optional. Set to the port to be used, defaults to 8293.
- metric.http.listener.host: Optional. This describes which interface to accept requests on. You can set it as follows:
- If you do not specify the metric.http.listener.host, it defaults to localhost, which means requests are only accepted from localhost.
- Set to 0.0.0.0 to accept on all interfaces (including from remote clients)
- Set to the IP address of the specific interface to accept requests on.
Be sure to put the options before the jar name in your start up command.
You can use GET or POST to upload metrics to the Metric Browser under Application Performance -> <Tier> where the tier is the one defined for the Standalone Machine Agent.
The format for GET is:
The format for POST is:
with body content:
Example of Body Content:
Valid values for type are:
- AVERAGE: Average of all one-minute data points when adding it to the 10-minute or 60-minute granularity table.
- SUM: Sum of all one-minute data points when adding it to the 10-minute or 60-minute granularity table.
- CURRENT: Last reported one-minute data point in that 10-minute or 60-minute interval.
Send events using HTTP get requests to:
Event_type is one of the following: