A custom dashboard enables you to bring together, on one screen, specific metrics and data points that are important for monitoring your applications. Custom dashboards can be used in conjunction with the built-in dashboards to provide a workflow through your applications and services. Typically this would be from top-level application health to individual brands to key pages and transactions.
Create a custom dashboard to:
- Provide a view of application performance customized to your needs
- Aggregate data from different applications
- Compare data from different applications
- Show a single view of both live and historical data
- Share with other users and stakeholders
To learn how to create a custom dashboard see Create Custom Dashboards.
A custom dashboard template enables you to create your dashboard once and view it on several nodes or tiers. This is efficient when you want to see the same type of metrics for each node or tier.
Create a custom dashboard template to:
- Compare overall application or infrastructure performance against individual tier or node performance
- Show a standard set of metrics for your tiers and nodes
- Export the same dashboard template layout to other applications
To learn about custom dashboard templates see Creating and Managing Custom Dashboard Templates.