This topic describes how to do a complete uninstall of the .NET Agent.
Do not follow these instructions if you are doing an upgrade. If you want to upgrade to a new version see Upgrade the .NET Agent.
To completely uninstall the .NET Agent
- Stop IIS, instrumented Windows services, and instrumented standalone applications.
Failing to stop instrumented applications before uninstalling the agent requires you to reboot the machine to complete the uninstall.
- Stop the AppDynamics.Agent.Coordinator service.
- In the Control Panel, select Add/Remove Programs. Remove the AppDynamics .NET Agent.
- The uninstall procedure does not remove configuration files. Delete the configuration directory:
Windows Server 2008 and later:
Windows Server 2003:
- Verify the uninstall deleted the AppDynamics executables directory. If not, delete it manually:
Windows Server 2003 and later: %ProgramFiles%\AppDynamics
- Restart IIS, Windows services, and standalone applications.
In some cases another process interferes with the .NET Agent uninstallation process by locking the profiler.dll. If uninstallation fails, use a utility such as Process Explorer to see if a process is using profiler.dll. If so, terminate the process. Otherwise try rebooting the machine. Then retry the uninstallation.