AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
Use these instructions to install the PHP Agent using the Agent Download Wizard in the Controller.
If you downloaded the agent from the AppDynamics download zone, see Install the PHP Agent.
There are four steps to instrument your PHP application and begin monitoring:
1. Download: Use the Agent Download Wizard to configure and download the agent.
2. Install: Unzip the agent on your server and run the install script.
3. Apply Load: Restart your web server and application and apply load to activate instrumentation.
4. View Your Application: Log on to the Controller to monitor application performance.
The Agent Download Wizard walks you through configuration steps and helps you download the agent.
1. Log on to the Controller and click the Agent Download Wizard tab.
The download wizard configures the agent with information to connect to the Controller.
2. Click PHP, then click Next.
3. Click to Select Operating System and 32-bit or 64-bit bit System, then click Next.
4. The Controller Location URL window displays the connection info for the Controller. Click Next.
Click SSL to enable SSL encryption between the agent and the Controller. Enter the SSL port. For AppDynamics SaaS, the SSL port is 443.
5. Enter an application name or, click an existing application name if one exists. Then click Next.
For new users, it is OK to use the default "MyApp". You can change it later when know more about how you want to organize your applications in AppDynamics.
6. Enter a tier name. Then click Next.
For new users, it is OK to use the default "MyTier". You can change it later when know more about how you want to organize your applications in AppDynamics.
7. Click Click here to Download to download the App Agent for PHP.
Now you're ready to install the agent on your app server.
After you download the agent, install it to your app server. The final window of the Agent Download Wizard includes brief instructions for installing the agent.
For example, for a 64 bit agent on Linux:
unzip appdynamics-php-agent-x64-linux-tar-self-service.zip -d /opt/appdynamics/appagent
Run the installer script.
sudo bash runme.sh
By default the PHP agent installer uses the PHP directory specified in your environment's PATH variable to determine where to install the agent. If you are using a different PHP installation not specified in the PATH environment variable, follow the instructions below to run the installer with custom options instead of using the installer script.
Now you're ready to restart your application and put some load on it.
Log on to the Controller to see your application in action.
From here, you can install more agents or you can begin monitoring your application. The links below will help you get started: