AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
Use these instructions to install the .NET Agent using the Agent Download Wizard in the Controller.
If you downloaded the agent from the AppDynamics download zone, see Install the .NET Agent.
1. Confirm you have access to a controller, the web application where you monitor your application performance:
Quick Install: .NET Agent
Direct link: https://appdynamo.wistia.com/medias/q7fmhuzkdw
There are four steps to instrument your CLR and begin monitoring:
1. Download: Use the Agent Download Wizard to configure and download the agent.
2. Install: Run the MSI installer package and the AppDynamics Agent Configuration utility.
3. Apply Load: Apply load to activate instrumentation.
4. View Your Application: Log on to the Controller to monitor application performance.
The Agent Download Wizard walks you through configuration steps and helps you download the agent.
1. Log on to the Controller and click the Agent Download Wizard tab.
The download wizard guides you through the download process.
2. Click .NET, then click Next.
3. Click to select 32-bit or 64-bit system, then click Next.
7. Click Click here to Download to download the App Agent for .NET.
Now you're ready to install the agent on your app server.
After you download the agent, install it to your app server. The final window of the Agent Download Wizard includes brief instructions for installing the agent.
Detailed Configuration Instructions
For step by step instructions, see Configure the .NET Agent.
To instrument Windows services, see Enable the .NET Agent for Windows Services.
To instrument standalone applications, see Enable the .NET Agent for Windows Services and Standalone Applications.
If you leave Restart IIS checked, the configuration utility restarts IIS, so now you're ready to put load on your application.
If you are instrumenting a production application, this will happen with customer interaction. Otherwise, create some test load on your application. The agent instruments the application code and reports metrics back to the Controller. You're ready to begin monitoring.
Log on to the Controller to see your application in action.
From here, you can install more agents or you can begin monitoring your application. The links below will help you get started: