The AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform provides application performance management for modern application architectures. Designed for distributed SOA environments, AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform helps you to manage service levels, reduce mean-time-to-repair for problems, plan for application efficiency, and automate typical life-cycle actions for distributed applications.
The AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform eliminates blind spots by enabling your business to see everything in its application environment, act with certainty based on this view and then know—faster—how application performance is affecting your business.
AppDynamics delivers the application intelligence you need to deliver the application performance your users demand by:
- Instrumentation: Watch every line of code
- Distributed transaction tracing: Follow the business transaction across all tiers of the application
- Transaction auto-learning engine: Inspect execution code, payload, libraries and methods
- Real-time service discovery: Map architecture topology and service dependencies
- Smart agents: Filter and transfer data to the management server
- Real-time stream processing: Process complex metric and event streams
- Behavioral learning engine. Continuously adjust dynamic baselines
- Intuitive UI: simple and easy to use for dev, ops and business users
- Dynamic transaction flow maps: visual representation of the application topology
- Multi-dimensional drill down: cross-correlated drill down in the UI
- Real-time business metrics (RTBM): real-time correlation of performance metrics and business metrics
- Compare releases: performance regression analysis for agile releases
- Custom dashboards: drag-and-drop HTML5 dashboards
AppDynamics offers an extensible platform including:
- Monitoring extensions: Integrate metrics from other monitoring systems and services including databases, LDAP servers, web servers and more.
- Alerting extensions: Create custom notifications to integrate AppDynamics health rule violations and events with your alerting or ticketing system.
- Cloud auto-scaling extensions: Integrate cloud orchestration functionality such as creating, destroying, restarting, configuring and validating machine and image instances.
- REST API extensions: Retrieve data from your AppDynamics system, including application and infrastructure metadata, metrics, events and transaction snapshots.
For details about the Platform and its modules see the following documentation: