AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
Monitor your Azure cloud solutions with the AppDynamics for Windows Azure NuGet package. Sign up for the AppDyanmics add-on in the Windows Azure portal, then enable the AppDynamics agent in your Visual Studio solution.
AppDynamics is an application performance monitoring solution that helps you:
There are two components in AppDynamics:
App Agent: The App Agent for .NET collects data from your servers. You run a separate agent on every role instance that you want to monitor. You install the agent as part of the NuGet package.
AppDynamics Controller: The agent sends information to an AppDynamics Controller hosted service. Using a browser-based console, you log on to the Controller to monitor, analyze and troubleshoot your application.
Use the Windows Azure portal to sign up for AppDynamics for Windows Azure.
1. Log on to the Windows Azure portal at https://manage.windowsazure.com.
2. Click +NEW at the bottom left corner of the portal.
3. In the left menu, click STORE.
4. Click AppDynamics in the list of services and click the NEXT arrow.
5. Click the plan corresponding to the size (Extra Small, Small, Medium, etc.) and number of virtual machines where you will install AppDynamics monitoring agents.
6. Select your REGION and click the NEXT arrow.
7. After the form validates the NAME field and displays a green check, click the NEXT arrow.
8. Review your purchase and click the CHECK to purchase.
You've successfully signed up for AppDynamics for Windows Azure!
1. Click Try Free or Sign Up for AppDynamics on the Windows Azure Marketplace at https://datamarket.azure.com/application/f9949031-b8b9-4da5-b500-c615f3f2a7cd.
If you choose Sign Up, you receive a free version of AppDynamics Pro for Windows Azure with full functionality, which downgrades after 30 days to a free version of AppDynamics Lite for Windows Azure with limited functionality. You do not need to provide a credit card for this option. You can upgrade to AppDynamics Pro for Windows Azure at any time.
If you choose Try Free, you receive a free version of AppDynamics Pro for Windows Azure with full functionality. You need to provide a credit card for this option. After 30 days your credit account will be charged for continued use of AppDynamics Pro for Windows Azure, unless you cancel your subscription.
You need one agent license for each role instance that you wish to monitor. For example, a site running 2 Web role instances and 2 Worker role instances requires 4 agent licenses.
2. On the registration page, provide your user information, a password, email address, company name, and the name of the application you are monitoring as you will publish it with Windows Azure.
3. Click Register Now.
We'll send you a Welcome email with your URL and credentials to connect to the AppDynamics Controller. Then you can use NuGet to add the App Agent for .NET to your Windows Azure solution or install it manually.