AppDynamics reports key mobile metrics on the mobile geo, network request and crash dashboards, on the network requests and crash dashboards, and in the Metric Browser.
In the Metric Browser, mobile metrics are aggregated in the Mobile tree by agent (iOS and Android), application, carrier, connection type, device, geographic location, operating system version, and application version.
Mobile Metrics Defined
For the time metrics, average is calculated by the arithmetic mean.
Network Request Metrics
Network request metrics are reported for each platform and for each instrumented mobile application.
- Network Request Time: average interval in milliseconds between the time that a mobile application initiates a request by calling the system API and the time that the system returns the response to the application
- Network Requests per minute: average number of network requests per minute; for all requests to the app over HTTP.
- Total Requests: derived by adding all the networks requests per minute over the selected time range.
An HTTP error occurs when the HTTP request and response are sent and received successfully, but the response status code indicates that an error occurred. These errors suggest that the network is working correctly but there is a problem on the client side (4xx status codes) or the server side (5xx status codes) that prevented normal handling of the request.
- HTTP Errors per minute: average errors per minute for errors that return an HTTP response code between 400 and 599
- HTTP Errors (total): total number of errors that return an HTTP response code between 400 and 599 over the selected time range
A network error is any occurrence that prevents the HTTP request from being sent or the HTTP response from being received successfully. Typical causes of network errors include:
- Host cannot be resolved.
- Host refused connection.
- Connection timed out.
- Device is offline.
- General connectivity problems.
- Network Errors per minute: average network errors per minute
- Network Errors (total): total number of network errors over the selected time range
Calls to Instrumented Application Servers
- Application Server Calls per Minute: average call rate from the mobile application to instrumented application servers for network requests correlated with server-side business transactions
- Application Server Time: average response time from the mobile application to instrumented application servers for network requests correlated with business transactions server-side business transactions
- Total Number of Crashes
- App Crashes per Minute