Mobile Application Performance Management (Mobile APM) provides visibility into the end-user experience of your mobile users. If you have also instrumented your application servers, you can get end-to-end visibility from the mobile device all the way to multiple tiers on the server-side.
The Mobile APM Agents support applications running on iOS and Android.
Before you can use Mobile APM, you must instrument the applications that you want to monitor. See Instrument a Mobile Application.
What You Can Do with Mobile APM
The mobile agents help you with the following tasks.
Understand and improve your mobile application's performance
- Determine whether a request is slow because of your servers or because of the network connection. See.
- Trace an individual request from the initial user action in the mobile application through the associated business transaction(s) on the application server(s). See Network Request Snapshots.
- Estimate the network performance you can expect for different requests, carriers, devices, and geographies by viewing current metrics. See Monitor Network Requests by Usage Statistics.
- Compare your application's performance across application versions. See Monitor Network Requests by Mobile Application Version.
- Observe when your application crashes and what caused each crash. See Crash Snapshots List, Crash Snapshots.
- Learn which environments experience the most crashes. See Crash Dashboard.
- Observe how many network errors occur and which requests caused them. See Network Requests List, Network Request Dashboard.
Learn about your users
- Learn which devices and technologies most of your users are running. See Monitor Network Requests by Usage Statistics,Crash Dashboard.
- View where your users are located in the world. See Monitor Mobile Applications by Location.