AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
This topic describes how you can you link to AppDynamics for Databases (AppD4DB) from a monitored database, server, or storage system (NetApp) that is discovered by AppDynamics and supported by AppD4DB. This integration provides access to the deep database performance metrics provided by AppD4DB.
See Linking to AppDynamics for Databases, and Integrate and Use AppDynamics for Databases with AppDynamics Pro for information on how to access AppD4DB from the Controller UI.
See the AppDynamics for Databases documentation for information about using AppD4DB.
1. In the upper right corner of the menu bar, click Settings.
2. From the dropdown menu, click Administration.
3. Click the Integration tab.
4. Click AppDynamics for Databases in the Integrations list.
5. Check the Enabled check box to enable the integration.
6. Enter the URL of your AppDynamics for Databases installation.
Note: The trailing slash in the URL is required.
7. Click Save.
New in AppDynamics for Databases 2.8 and AppDynamics 3.8 From a Transaction Snapshot Flow Map where the exit call is to an Oracle database, you can link to AppDynamics for Databases to see and analyze the exact SQL that was running at the time of the transaction snapshot. To enable this functionality, for the node containing the Oracle database, you must set the App Agent for Java node property jdbc-dbcam-integration-enabled=true.