AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
This topic describes how to install the App Agent for .NET. To learn about upgrading the App Agent for .NET, see Upgrade the App Agent for .NET.
Install the App Agent for .NET once on each system that hosts managed .NET applications: IIS applications, Windows services, or standalone applications. At start up, the agent initializes an individual instance of itself for each application running in the CLR.
The following Windows service3s must be enabled and running:
Microsoft Distributed Transaction Coordinator (MSDTC)
COM+: See Verify COM+ Services are enabled.
Windows Management Instrumentation
1. Download the App Agent for .NET MSI installer package from the AppDynamics Download Zone.
2. Run the MSI installer package.
3. Read the End User Agreement and click to accept. Click Next.
4. Optionally change the destination directory for the App Agent for .NET and click Install.
By default, the agent installs to the following directory:
C:\Program Files\AppDynamics\AppDynamics .NET Agent
5. Click Yes on the User Account Control window to allow the installer to make changes to the computer.
If the current account does not have administrator privileges, the installer prompts you to supply the password for an administrator account.
6. Wait for the installation to complete.
See Agent Configuration to decide whether or not to launch the AppDynamics Agent Configuration utility.
If you encounter problems installing, see Resolve App Agent for .NET Installation and Configuration Issues.
Use the following guide to decide whether or not to launch the AppDyanmics Agent Configuration utility: