Monitoring Controller Performance
To monitor Controller performance:
- Monitor heap usage
- Review the server log file
To monitor heap usage
To check the Controller server log for errors
- Open a console and navigate to the <Controller_Installation_Directory>/logs/server.log file.
- Open the log file and look for any anomalies.
If you observe degradation in Controller performance it may be due to one of the following:
- The hardware resources for the Controller might not match the correct Controller profile.
- The Controller performance profile may be incorrectly configured.
To troubleshoot Controller performance issues
- Confirm that the hardware matches the Controller profile you use. For details see Controller System Requirements.
- Confirm that your disk performance matches the recommended thresholds for minimum disk performance. For details see Controller System Requirements.
- Conform that the Java SDK version is exactly the same as the Java version on the Controller. To display the version of Java used by the Controller:
- Open the command line utility.
- Go to <Controller_Installation_Directory>/jre/bin
- Run java -version.
To troubleshoot Controller issues
If problems persist, contact AppDynamics Support.