Collect Metrics without Transaction Monitoring
In some circumstances, such as for monitoring caches and message buses, you want to collect JMX metrics without the overhead of transaction monitoring.
You can do this by turning off transaction detection at the entry point.
To turn off transaction detection
- In the left navigation panel, click Configure -> Instrumentation.
- In the Select Application or Tier panel, select the application.
- In the right panel, click Use Custom Configuration for this Tier.
- Expand the Entry Points list if it is not already expanded.
- Clear all the relevant Enabled checkboxes in the Transaction Monitoring column.
Transaction monitoring on all selected entry points in the application is disabled. Exit point detection remains enabled.