AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
To access the Email Digest Wizard:
1. Click Alert & Respond -> Email Digests.
2. To edit an existing email digest, select the digest and click the Edit icon.
3. To remove an existing digest click the delete icon.
4. To create a new digest, click "+" .
The Email Digest Wizard opens. It contains four panels:
1. Contents: Sets the digest name, enabled status, health rule type, events and objects that trigger the sending of the digest
2. Recipients Adds the email addresses of the digest recipients.
4. How Often: Sets how often the digest is sent, in hours.
You can navigate among these panels using the Back and Next buttons at the bottom of each panel or by clicking their entries in the left panel of the wizard.
1. In the Content panel of the Email Digest Wizard, if you are creating a new digest, enter the digest name in the Name field.
If you are editing an existing digest, the name will already be there. You can change the name of the digest in the Name field.
2. To enable sending the digest check the Enabled check box. To disable sending the digest, clear the Enabled check box.
3. Check the check boxes for the events that will be included in the digest. You may need to click the down arrow to expose specific events within an event category.
4. When you have finished selecting the events in the digest, you can click "any object" to refine the contents by specifying only events that affect certain objects in the application. If you select Any Objects the digest will include configured events when they occur on any object in your application.
To restrict the policy to specific objects, select Any of these specified objects and then choose the objects from the embedded object browser.
5. Click Save to save the digest configuration.
Configuration of digest recipients involves selecting or creating an email notification action for every recipient of the digest. You can create these notification actions from this Email Digest Wizard as well as from the Actions menu.
1. In the Recipients panel of the Email Digest Wizard, if you are creating a new digest, enter the digest name in the Name field. If you are modifying an existing digest, double-click the digest in the list.
2. To edit an existing recipient, select the recipient from the list and double-click or click the Edit icon.
3. To remove an existing recipient from the email digest, select the recipient from the list and click the delete icon.
4. To add a recipient, click the "+" sign.
5. Do one of the following:
6. Optional: In the Configure Action screen, you can also add an optional note to include in the email.
7. Click Save to add the recipient.
8. Click Save in the Email Digest Wizard to save the digest configuration.
1. Click How Often to access the How Often panel.
2 In the text field enter an integer to indicate the number of hours between digests.
3. Click Save to save the digest configuration.