AppDynamics Application Intelligence Platform
Configuring business metrics, also called custom metrics, involves:
1. Select your application.
2. Click Analyze -> Information Points.
3. Click Add (the + symbol).
4. Enter a name for the information point.
5. Select the agent type.
6. Define the class and the method on which the information point is based.
7. (Optional) If the method is overloaded, check the Is this Method Overloaded option and add the parameters.
8. (Optional) Define match conditions. A match condition ensures that only those invocations that match the configured conditions for the Information Point will be captured.
9. In the Define Custom Metrics section, click Add. Choose the parameter or return value from which the metric needs to be generated.
10. Choose the data rollup over time.
11. Click Save.
12. Important: Restart the application server on which this rule will be applied.
For example, this definition counts the sum of books ordered in the Acme Bookstore application.