To upgrade the Enterprise Console, you run the installer for the version of the application to which you want to upgrade on the Enterprise Console machine. The installer detects the Enterprise Console installation and upgrades that instance.
About the Upgrade
- You can upgrade across multiple versions at a time; that is, you do not need to run the installer individually for each intermediate version.
- You can enable HTTPS for the Enterprise Console during upgrades. See HTTPS Support for the Enterprise Console for more information.
- Before you start upgrading the Enterprise Console and your platform, make sure that you are using the correct upgrade order.
The user upgrading the Enterprise Console should be the same user who installed the Enterprise Console.
- Make sure your Enterprise Console is running before you run the upgrade. This is to validate the Database Root User Password and Platform Admin Database Password. You will need to input the passwords when upgrading through the GUI.
- For first-time upgrades, you need to use the same response file you used for your silent install. See Silent Installation.
- Irrespective of first time or subsequent upgrades, you need to provide the relevant passwords in the response file.
Upgrade the Enterprise Console
The following steps describe how to upgrade the Enterprise Console on Linux and Windows. You use the Enterprise Console installer in GUI mode, console mode, or silent mode to perform the upgrade.
If there is a newer version of Enterprise Console available, you can begin the upgrade process by downloading and installing the latest version from http://download.appdynamics.com/ on top of the existing application.
Before starting, get the Enterprise Console installer version appropriate for your target system. You can get the installer from http://download.appdynamics.com/. When ready, follow these steps to install the Enterprise Console:
- Navigate to the directory where you downloaded the install file.
Run the following commands:
LinuxYou can run the installer as non-root or root.
It is recommended that you right-click the exe and select Run as Administrator.
After the GUI launches, use it to complete the installation. In Linux, you may also follow the steps in the installation wizard to complete the console installation.If you install the Enterprise Console on AWS, use the public DNS for the Enterprise Console host name when prompted.
To use silent mode, pass the response file that the installer generated at first installation to the installer. This response file is at the following location
If you have made any changes to the settings as originally configured by the installer—such as to the connection port numbers, tenancy mode, or data directory—make the same change in the response file before starting the upgrade.
You must also add the existing passwords to the file:
If you do not, the installer prompts you to add the password.
After upgrading the Enterprise Console, you must first clear your browser cache before you can successfully log in to the Enterprise Console through the browser.