Download page Synthetic Private Agent Deployment.
Synthetic Private Agent Deployment
The Synthetic Private Agent is a software package that you can install on Windows Server 2016, Windows Server 2012, or Windows Server 2012 R2. After installation, the Synthetic Private Agent connects to the Synthetic Server (on-premises or SaaS) and registers under your EUM account. Once this is done, you can configure synthetic jobs to run in your Synthetic Private Agent location.
When using the Synthetic Private Agent, you will encounter the following limitations in the Controller UI:
- The Synthetic Job Editor displays options for all four browsers regardless of which are actually installed by your Synthetic Private Agent locations. If you select browsers that aren't available, you'll see an error when you save the job.
- When choosing a Synthetic Private Agent location from the Synthetic Job Editor, you will not be able to choose a connection speed because traffic shaping is not supported for Synthetic Private Agents.
Compatibility with 4.3 Controllers
Although you can use the Synthetic Private Agent with 4.3 Controllers, it is recommended that you upgrade to the 4.4 to avoid the following known issues seen in 4.3 Controllers:
- The License page will not display license usage for Synthetic Private Agents. The usage for Synthetic Hosted Agents will be correct.
- The License column on the Synthetic Jobs page will display incorrect information for jobs that use Synthetic Private Agents.
- The License information header at the top of the Synthetic Jobs page will be incorrect if you have any jobs that use Private Agents.
- In the Synthetic Job Editor, the locations for the Synthetic Private Agents and Synthetic Hosted Agents will be given in one flat list.