This page provides an overview of affected entities in AppDynamics.
The Affected Entities panel lets you define what entities your health rule affects. The health rule type you select determines the metrics that are offered for configuration in subsequent panels of the health rule wizard.
To define the affected entities:
- Select a health rule type from the drop-down list. Depending on the type of the health rule, you can configure the corresponding entities that are affected. See Entities Affected by a Health Rule for information about the types of entities that can be affected by the various health rule types.
- Use the drop-down list to select the entities affected by this health rule.
- If you select entities based on matching criteria, specify the matching criteria.
For example, if you select the Tier/Node Health - Transaction Performance as the health rule type, and if the health rule affects the nodes, you can restrict the health rule evaluation on the types of nodes or criteria such as meta-info, environment variables, and JVM system environment properties. Meta-info includes key-value pairs for:
- any key passed to the agent in the
Points to Consider
- If you configure a health rule to evaluate a large number of entities (approximately one million or more), the health rule is automatically disabled to prevent any performance issues with the Controller. The logs of the disabled health rule are stored in the Controller and you can view the logs by using Splunk.
- The account owner receives an email notification for the disabled health rules. The email contains the following information:
- the health rule names
- the applications for which the health rules are disabled
- To enable the health rules again, you need to reduce the number of evaluating entities by applying additional entity filters.