This page provides an overview of AppDynamics APIs, which let you extend and customize various aspects of the AppDynamics Application Performance Monitoring (APM) Platform.
Overview of AppDynamics APIs
The AppDynamics APM Platform exposes various APIs for customizing and extending its features on the platform-side, which are served by the Controller and Events Service, and on the agent-side.
The AppDynamics platform server components and agents offer the following APIs:
- Controller APIs: Administer the Controller, configure, monitor, query metrics, and more. See Platform API Index.
- Accounts APIs: Manage and monitor accounts, users, and other aspects of AppDynamics licensing. Accounts APIs are made up of these modules:
- Analytics Events API: Send custom analytics events from your data sources to the Events Service. See the Analytics Events API section in the Platform API Index.
- Machine Agent APIs: HTTP APIs available at the machine agent for uploading custom metrics. See Machine Agent HTTP Listener.
- Database Agent APIs: Get, create, update, and delete Database Monitoring database Collectors. See Database Visibility API.
- Application Agent Instrumentation APIs: Control and customize transaction detection and correlation, along with exit point detection. Agent APIs include:
- Java Agent API: Customize agent instrumentation. See the SDK folder in the agent home directory.
- Mobile RUM: Instrument mobile applications for real user performance monitoring. See Instrument iOS Applications.
- IoT RUM: Report instrumentation data directly to the EUM Server. See Instrument Applications with the IoT REST APIs.
Platform API Index
These methods are Below is a list of all the methods in the AppDynamics Controller and Events Service APIs:
- Retrieve Controller Audit History
Application Model API
Metric and Snapshot API
Alert and Respond APIs
Health Rule API
Events and Action Suppression API
- Retrieve All Health Rule Violations in a Business Application
- Retrieve Event Data
- Create Events
- Create a Custom Event
- Create Custom URLs for Notifications
- Create and Delete Action Suppressions
- Retrieve All Existing Action Suppressions
- Retrieve a Specific Action Suppression by ID
- Create a New Action Suppression
- Delete a Specific Action Suppression by ID