Download page Upgrade the Database Agent.
Upgrade the Database Agent
Important Upgrade Notes
- Before upgrading, ensure that you have all the required user permissions as mentioned in each database collector configuration.
- If you are upgrading the Controller and agents, first upgrade the Controller and then upgrade the Database Agents.
- Shut down the Database Agent process before you install the new agent. All Database Agents that are running from the same install location need to be shut down when updating that install location.
- Download the installation package that is appropriate for your OS environment from the AppDynamics Download Center (https://download.appdynamics.com/download/).
- Back up the
<db_agent_home>directory so you can revert to the previous installation if required. To maintain the same configuration information, you will also need the
- If both the old and new agents are >= 4.2, you can keep the old agent running while installing the new agent, allowing you to upgrade the agent with no downtime. Once you see the new agent showing up as "ACTIVE" in the agents page in the Controller, stop the old agent.
Stop the Agent
Stop the agent as described for your specific installation in Start and Stop the Database Agent.
Back up the Existing Agent Directory
Make a copy of the existing agent directory,
<db_agent_home>. Backing up allows you to revert to the previous agent installation if you need to. You can also copy over the
controller-info.xml configuration file to the new installation to ensure the agent configuration is maintained.
Install the Agent
Install the Database Agent as described for your specific installation in Administer the Database Agent.
Copy the controller-info.xml File
To ensure the agent configuration is maintained, copy the
<backup_db_agent_home>\conf\controller-info.xml file to the new installation directory,
Start the New Agent
See Start and Stop the Database Agent.