Download page Network Visibility Concepts.
Network Visibility Concepts
The these concepts are central to Network Visibility:
- Network Visibility can identify two types of performance bottlenecks:
- Network-performance bottlenecks
- App/Network-interaction bottlenecks (for example, how an application tier or node uses network resources)
- The Network Dashboard shows the network-level view of a monitored application. You can quickly identify network elements with performance issues (red/yellow links or tiers), view Key Performance Indicators for each network element, and troubleshoot individual elements (right-click an element and select View Metrics).
- Network Agents can detect load balancers and TCP endpoints, which appear in network flow maps (but not application flow maps), and sometimes function as traffic sources and destinations.
- Network Visibility can collect metrics for individual application flows, TCP connections, and network links.
- To support in-depth troubleshooting, you can configure Network Agents to collect detailed diagnostic metrics for nodes and connections with performance issues.