Download page Enable the Email Server.
Enable the Email Server
This page provides instructions for configuring SMTP as You must configure the SMTP email server to enable email and SMS notifications and digests to be sent by the Controller Tenant.
For this activity, users need the predefined Account Owner role or another role with the Configure Email / SMS permission.
Configure an SMTP server
- In the Controller Tenant UI, from the top navigation menu bar, click Alert & Respond > Email/ SMS Configuration.
Provide the connection information for the SMTP host and port.
You must preconfigure a Controller Tenant with the appropriate settings:
- SMTP Host:
- SMTP Port:
No authentication is needed.
- SMTP Host:
Customize the sender address in notification emails in the From Address field. By default, emails are sent by the root Controller Tenant user.
When entering an email address in the From Address field, you have the following options:
<username>@<customer_domain>- Custom domains can be used, but require the domain to be verified using the Amazon Simple Email Service (SES). See https://docs.aws.amazon.com/ses/latest/DeveloperGuide/verify-domain-procedure.html.
- Leave the field blank: this will then default to
email@example.com email notifications.
- If the SMTP host requires authentication, configure the credentials in the Authentication settings.
- If you want to add any text to the beginning of the notification, enter it in the Notification Header Text field.
If you are using SMS, perform one of the following actions:
- Select Default and choose one of the available carriers from the pulldown menu.
- Select Custom and enter the phone number receiving the message as
<phone number>@<sms gateway>.
For example, a mobile phone in the United States serviced by AT&T might be:
A mobile phone in the United Kingdom serviced by Textlocal might be:
- Test the configuration by sending an email.
- Save the settings.
If you do not receive notifications for health rule violations, it could be because the default SMTP server timeout period is too short.