This page describes the features of the AppDynamics Tenant UI, which is the primary interface you use to monitor, troubleshoot, and analyze your entire application landscape from backend infrastructure/servers to the end user's application.
Tenant UI Overview
Supported Web Browsers
The AppDynamics Tenant UI is an HTML5-based browser application that works best with the latest version of any modern browser.
The Tenant UI has been tested with and supports the latest versions of these browsers:
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
- Microsoft Edge
Certain types of ad blockers can interfere with features in the Tenant UI. We recommend disabling AdBlock when using the Tenant UI to avoid issues loading particular screens.
As you start using the Tenant UI to configure AppDynamics and monitor your environment, it is helpful to familiarize yourself with the most commonly-used elements of the Tenant UI that are frequently referenced in this documentation.
The precise controls and features that appear in the UI depend on your user account permissions and product module licenses. For example, you would have additional controls in application monitoring screens with an Analytics license. See Create and Manage Custom Roles.
The UI elements include:
- Top Navigation Bar: Use to navigate the major product areas and cross-product feature areas, such as Alert & Respond and Dashboard & Reports.
- Settings Menu: Access pages where you can customize the UI environment, view your account information, or, if permitted by your user role, configure administration settings such as adding user accounts, configuring authentication, and more.
- Time Range Menu: Controls what metric data AppDynamics represents in the UI in the selected time range. See the following section for more information on the time range menu.
- Left Navigation Menu: Use to access sections specific to the product area.
Administration Settings Overview
Create and administer users for a specific tenant in the Tenant UI. Use the Account Management Portal for global user account management and tenant license subscription assignments.
- Users—Create and administer users.
- API Clients—Create and use an API Client to provide secure access to the Tenant through REST API calls. See API Clients.
- Groups—Create and use groups to assign and manage roles for users collectively.
- Roles—Create and use roles to define user privileges in the Tenant UI.
- Authentication Provider—Configure external authentication settings for the tenant user. See LDAP Authentication or SAML Authentication.
- Integrations—Set up extension integrations to supplement AppDynamics capabilities. See Integration Modules.
Time Ranges and Settings
The Time Range menu is available throughout the UI. Your selection determines the range of data displayed in the UI, except in the case of pages such as the Scalability Analysis, where other time contexts apply. When you choose a new time range, it remains the active range as you navigate to other pages.
You can select a preconfigured Standard time range or enter a Custom one. Custom time ranges can be set to terminate in the past, making them useful for analyzing trends over time.
To create a custom time range:
- Click Custom and select .
- Enter a Name and optional Description.
- Enter your start and end date and time selections in the dialogues.
- Click Save.
- Optionally, select Share with Everyone to share the range with all the other users of the Tenant.
To manage a custom time range:
- Click Custom and select .
- Select a time range.
- Select to Add, Edit, Delete, or Copy.
- Click Apply to save the changes and update the session.
To enable 5 and 15-minute auto-refresh for a flow map:
- Select Standard.
- Select 5 or 15 minutes to display the Auto-refresh checkbox at the bottom of the list.
- Select the Auto-refresh checkbox to automatically refresh the data.
Share Views With Other Users
Troubleshooting an application issue is often a collaborative effort that may involve multiple users. You can share a particular view of the UI with a shareable URL that retains the time range currently active in the UI. Time ranges that are relative to the current time, such as "last 15 minutes," are represented as fixed time ranges in the URL.
To share a view:
- Select Settings > Copy a link to this screen to the clipboard.
- Paste and share the URL where desired.