This page provides an overview of user preferences in AppDynamics. Tenant UI users can change their passwords, account settings, date and time format, and other preferences on the My Preferences page.
You can access the controls for changing your display name, contact email, or password from the My Preferences page by clicking the Edit link under your email. The controls require you to enter your password to complete the change.
The display name is the name that the Tenant uses to identify you in specific screen text and messages. For example, it appears in notifications to other Tenant users when you share a dashboard with them. You cannot change your username. To change your username, you need to have an administrator delete your account and create another one with the new name.
You can display non-English languages in the Tenant UI. To do so, enable your font preference to use system fonts. Using system fonts directs the UI to display text in the font configured for the system running the browser.
Some user account settings are attributes of local users (that is, users validated against credentials stored in AppDynamics). If your Tenant is configured to use an external authentication mechanism instead, such as SAML or LDAP, you need to change the equivalent settings in the external system instead.
This is where you can update your personal account information and configure your AppDynamics mobile app. You are not able to edit your Username as it is part of the SAML federation.
Strong passwords are required for local accounts. A secure password must meet these requirements:
- A minimum of eight characters
- Contain both uppercase and lowercase letters
- At least one number
- At least one special character
- Not the same as your username or email address
AppDynamics Mobile App Configuration
AppDynamics provides a quick response (QR) code to set up the mobile app on your iPhone or Android phone.
Click View Configuration Code and follow the instructions provided. See AppDynamics Mobile App.
The Tenant UI provides the following user preferences:
- Date Format: By default, the format is MM/DD/YY (for example, 09/25/14). Choose an alternate format from the dropdown.
- Display Time Zone: Select or search for your time zone.
- Use 24-Hour Time Format: Enable this option if you want the UI to represent time in 24-hour time format instead of 12-hour clock format.
- Enable Help Pop-ups: Help popups provide contextual help text in the Tenant UI. By default, they are enabled. To prevent help popups from appearing in the UI, clear this checkbox. Alternatively, you can prevent individual popups by selecting the Don't Show Again checkbox when the popup appears. To clear the list of popups marked as Don't Show Again, click Reset All.
- Default Palette: Select from various color palettes for the UI.
You may need to log out of the UI and log back in to see the effects of your changes.
Advanced User Preferences
The user preferences page presents advanced options that include debug mode.
We recommend that you enable debug mode only when directly advised to do so by AppDynamics Support.
The debug mode in the Tenant UI is primarily intended for internal use by the AppDynamics development team. In some cases, you may be asked to enable debug mode when consulting with AppDynamics Support, for example, when you are troubleshooting an issue. However, it is important to note that specific debug mode options can negatively impact Tenant performance.