Download page Collect Transaction Analytics Data.
Collect Transaction Analytics Data
This page describes how to configure Transaction Analytics for Java and .NET applications. See Configure Transaction Analytics for Node.js and PHP Applications.
Before You Begin
If you have Java Agent >= 4.5.15, .NET Agent >= 20.10, and Controller >= 4.5.16, you do not need a local Analytics Agent to configure Transaction Analytics. See Deploy Analytics Without the Analytics Agent.
All other app agents and Controller versions require an Analytics Agent. See the appropriate documentation to ensure you have installed and configured the required components.
- SaaS deployments: Install Agent-Side Components
- On-premises deployments: Custom Install and Events Service Deployment
Configure Transaction Analytics
You need to configure Transaction Analytics for each desired application. Configuring Transaction Analytics consists of selecting the application and the specific business transactions that you want to analyze.
To configure Transaction Analytics:
- In the Controller UI, from the top navigation bar, select Analytics.
- Select Configuration from the left panel.
- Go to the Transaction Analytics - Configuration tab.
- Check the application(s) from the left panel. You can select or deselect all applications by checking Enable Analytics. Find specific applications using the search box above Applications.
- Select an application to open the business transactions in the right panel. By default, all business transactions, except All Other Traffic, are selected. You can deselect any business transactions you do not want to monitor. Find specific business transactions using the search box in the top right of the panel.
- Click Save.
Automatically Enable Transaction Analytics
You can enable Transaction Analytics automatically for all applications >= 4.3.x. Click the toggle next to Enable Analytics for New Applications. This option configures Transaction Analytics for all new applications and all of each application's business transactions, except business transactions categorized as All Other Traffic.
Enable Analytics for New Applications applies to applications created after you select the feature. You need to manually configure Analytics for any applications and business transactions created before selecting Enabled Analytics for New Applications.
You can configure Transaction Analytics for older agents manually. Go to Transaction Analytics - Configuration and locate the desired application. Uncheck and recheck the app, then select your business transaction(s).
Click the toggle again to turn off Enable Analytics for New Applications. The toggle becomes grey when the feature is turned off.
Edit Transaction Analytics Configuration
You can add or remove applications and business transactions from Transaction Analytics at any time.
To make changes to your Transaction Analytics configuration, select or deselect the desired applications and business transactions in Transaction Analytics - Configuration.
When you revert changes to Transaction Analytics, AppDynamics saves the previous configuration state. For example, you enable Transaction Analytics for an application and one specific business transaction. You later disable Transaction Analytics for the application, then re-enable it at a later date. When you re-enable the application, AppDynamics automatically selects the business transaction you originally selected.
The Analytics Administrator has complete access to all applications in Transaction Analytics. All other users can only view applications to which they have access based on RBAC permissions.