You use the AppDynamics .NET Agent for Linux to monitor the performance of .NET Core applications running on Linux OS.
The agent supports these features:
ASP.NET MVC transactions. See Name MVC Transactions by Area, Controller, and Action.
- ASP.NET WebAPI transactions
- ASP.NET Razor Pages transactions
- HttpClient backend calls
- ADO.NET backend calls such as SqlClient, MySql, SQLite, and PostgreSQL
- Upstream and downstream correlation using HTTP
- Snapshot waterfall view with async support
- Redis exit calls
- Detects and monitors calls to an Oracle database
You can run the AppDynamics .NET Agent for Linux on microservice platforms, such as those based on Docker containers and Pivotal Cloud Foundry (PCF). See AppDynamics Pivotal Cloud Foundry and .NET Agent for Linux Advanced Configuration Options.
The .Net Agent for Linux is supported on AppDynamics Controller >= 4.4.1. See .NET Agent for Linux Supported Environments.