Download page Deployment Options.
This page describes the available AppDynamics deployment options.
AppDynamics provides two deployment options:
- A cloud-based Software as a Service (SaaS) solution hosted and maintained by AppDynamics.
- An on-premises deployment where you install and manage all the platform components internally.
Every deployment includes:
- A Controller for data collection.
- A Controller UI to view, understand, and analyze the data.
- An online Account Management Portal to manage your account, users, subscriptions, license usage, and role functionality.
Every deployment requires:
- Installed agents to collect data from a monitored environment.
- Network port requirements.
- Health rules to monitor system parameters.
- Validated users.
AppDynamics does not support user or agent requests that originate from any URL other than the Controller URL provided at registration or otherwise edited by AppDynamics. Due to system security improvements, requests from custom URLs will be rejected and may cause a service disruption.
If a custom URL is required, we recommend that you create a forward proxy in your environment.