This document contains links to Microsoft documentation, which are provided for reference and informational purposes only. AppDynamics is not affiliated, associated, authorized, or endorsed by Microsoft, or any of its subsidiaries or its affiliates, and as such makes no representation as to the accuracy or content of Microsoft documentation.
AppDynamics serverless monitoring for Azure Functions gives you visibility into the performance of your applications that run as functions on Microsoft Azure. The .NET Agent supports Azure Functions hosted on App Service plans. Once installed, the .NET Agent automatically discovers business transactions in your Azure Functions.
You can monitor your applications running in Azure Functions exactly as you would any other application instrumented with the .NET Agent. Correlate business transactions between and through Azure Functions receive snapshots, create callgraphs, and integrate functions with End User Monitoring.
Before You Begin
Before you start instrumenting the .NET Agent with Azure Functions, make sure you meet the following requirements:
Microsoft Azure Requirements
- Applications hosted on the AppService plan
- Azure Functions versions 1.x, 2.x, and 3.x
- An instrumented Azure Function that is
- implemented in .NET and
- hosted on Windows OS
- Microservice licenses
- .NET Agent version >= 4.5.16
Install AppDynamics Azure Site Extension
To add the AppDynamics Azure Site extension:
- Log in to the Windows Azure Portal.
Browse to Function App and select the desired function.
- Select Platform Features > Site Extensions > +Add.
- Click Choose Extensions and select AppDynamics Azure Site Extension 4.5.
- Click Legal Terms. Review AppDynamic's legal terms and conditions and select OK.
- Click OK in the Add Extension menu to complete the installation.
- Restart the function app.
After you install the AppDynamics Azure Site Extension, it appears in the list of the installed extensions.
Connect the .NET Agent to the Controller
You can connect your Azure Function apps to your Controller using the Kudu Console.
- Navigate to the AppDynamics Controller Configuration page in the Kudu Console:
- On the AppDynamics Controller Configuration page, enter your Controller connection information. For example:
- Click Validate to test the connection to the AppDynamics Controller and save your settings.
- Restart your function app.
Microsoft Azure, the Azure logo, Azure, and any other Microsoft Marks used in these materials are trademarks of Microsoft.com, Inc. or its affiliates in the United States and/or other countries.