Download page Configure Health Rule Evaluation Criteria.
Configure Health Rule Evaluation Criteria
This page provides an overview of evaluation criteria for health rules in AppDynamics.
After configuring the entities affected by the health rule, you must define the evaluation criteria.
The high-level process for configuring the criteria is:
Determine which type of evaluation criteria for the health rule:
Though the configuration processes for critical and warning conditions are identical, critical conditions are evaluated before warning conditions. If you have defined a critical condition and a warning condition in the same health rule, the warning condition is only evaluated if the critical condition is not true.
You can copy the settings between Critical and Warning condition panels and edit the fields, if required. For example, if you have already defined a critical condition and you want to create a warning condition that is similar, in the Warning Condition window click Copy from Critical Condition to populate the fields with settings from the Critical condition.
- Determine the number and kind of metrics the health rule should evaluate. For each performance metric you want to use, create a condition using one of the following methods:
- Use a single metric
- Use a complex metric expression
- If you have defined multiple conditions, check if the health rule violates by selecting one of the following options:
- All: all conditions evaluate to true.
- Any: one of the conditions evaluates to true.
- Custom: if a boolean expression comprising all conditions evaluate to true.
- For business transaction performance health rules and node health rule types that specify affected entities at the tier level, decide how many of the nodes must be violating the health rule to produce a violation event. See Health Rule Evaluation Scope.