Download page Create and Manage Custom Roles.
Create and Manage Custom Roles
This page provides information and instructions for managing roles in AppDynamics.
A role is a collection of permissions that define what actions a user can perform within the AppDynamics-managed environment. You can use groups to manage roles collectively. A user or group can have more than one role but must have at least one defined role.
Administrators can grant user permissions at a granular level, including which business applications they can monitor, what parts of the UI are visible, and the types of configuration changes they can make.
The Tenant UI includes predefined roles for administrators and read-only users that you cannot change, however, you can create new custom roles.
|Applications and Dashboards Viewer|
|DB Monitoring User|
|DB Monitoring Administrator|
|Server Monitoring Administrator|
|Server Monitoring User|
|Workflow Executor||Execute Workflows.|
Create Custom Roles
As a starting point for creating your own customized roles, you can copy predefined roles. If you are working under a custom role and copy a predefined role, some permissions may not be visible to you. You must adjust permissions for your customized role to ensure that you get the correct RBAC result.
To create a custom role:
- Navigate to Settings > Administration > Roles.
- Click Create and enter a unique Name and optional Description.
- Configure permissions through the UI.
- Account—set role permissions
- Applications—set access and function permissions for applications and tiers
- End User Monitoring—enable end-user monitoring
- Server Visibility—enable users to view and/or configure server components
- Databases—set access and function permissions for databases
- Analytics—set general, log, search, and event data view permissions
- Dashboards—set default and custom dashboard management permissions
- User and Groups with this Role—view existing or add new users and groups to the role
- Click Save.