To access Server Network Metrics, select AppDynamics Home > Servers > double-click server > Network.
- View the MAC, IPv4, and IPv6 IP address for each network interface.
- View the state of the network interface:
- Functional (its operational state)
- Equipped with an Ethernet cable that is plugged in
- Operating in full or half-full duplex mode
- View the maximum transmission unit (MTU) or size (in bytes) of the largest protocol data unit that the network interface can pass
- View the speed of the Ethernet connection in Mbit/sec
- View network throughput in kilobytes/sec and packet traffic
- Change the time period of the metrics displayed
- Hover over any point on a chart to review the metric value for that time
If no metrics display, the network device speed cannot be found for some devices and some Linux versions.
Server Network Metrics
These columns are available for the Server Network panel.
For the selected network interface:
- Network Throughput received: The volume of data received per second
- Network Throughput sent: The volume of data sent per second
- Packets per sec incoming: The number of data packets received per second
- Packets per sec outgoing: The number of data packets sent per second