Download page Mobile RUM Metrics.
Mobile RUM Metrics
AppDynamics displays key metrics for Mobile RUM on the various dashboards in the Mobile UI and in the Metric Browser.
With the exception of App Crashes per Minute, the crash information displayed in the Controller UI is based on data stored in the Events Store and does not display in the Metric Browser.
Crash measurements are created using the Analyze event store, and display in the Crash Dashboard.
- Total Crashes: total number of crashes over the selected time range
- Total Unique Crashes: total number of unique crash types over the selected time range
- Impacted Users: total number of unique users affected by a crash
- Crashes by Usage Stats: percentage of crashes based on device, OS version, carrier, and connection type
- Crashes by Geo Location: total number of crashes by origin over the selected time range
App Crashes per Minute: arithmetic average number of crashes
An HTTP error occurs when an HTTP request is sent and a response is received, but the response status code indicates that an error occurred. These errors suggest that the network is working correctly, but a problem exists on the client side (4xx status codes) or the server side (5xx status codes) that prevented normal handling of the request.
- HTTP Errors Per Minute: arithmetic average of errors per minute for errors that return an HTTP response code between 400 and 599
- HTTP Errors (total): total number of HTTP errors over the selected time range (shown in the Geo Dashboard)
Mobile Device Metrics
- Memory (RAM): total memory of the device (for example, 8 GB) and the resource consumption (for example, 34% of device memory has been consumed)
- Disk Space: total storage capacity of the device (for example, 64 GB) and the resource consumption (for example, 65% of device storage has been consumed)
- Battery: battery level of the device, include charging and lower power mode statuses
For the Android agent, the device specification metrics for memory, storage, and resource consumption might not be the same as what is displayed on the device. Due to API limitations, the memory value the agent returns may not include segments on the devices reserved memory. For example, a device might have 64GB storage and 8GB of memory, but the agent might report only 53GB of storage and 6.5GB of memory. This will also vary due to different devices and manufacturers.
A network error is any occurrence that prevents the HTTP request from being sent or the HTTP response from being received successfully.
- Network Errors per Minute: arithmetic average of network errors per minute
- Network Errors (total): total number of network errors over the selected time range (shown in the Geo Dashboard)
Typical causes of network errors include:
- Host cannot be resolved
- Host refused connection
- Connection timed out
- Device is offline
- General connectivity problems
Network request metrics are reported for each platform and instrumented mobile application.
- Network Request Time: arithmetic average interval in milliseconds between the time that a mobile application initiates a request by calling the system API and the time that the system returns the response to the application
- Requests per Minute: arithmetic average number of HTTP requests per minute
- Total Requests: total of HTTP requests per minute over the selected time range (shown in the Geo Dashboard)
- Request Content Length: total number of bytes of data in the body of the request. The body is the part that comes after the blank line below the headers
- Response Content Length: total number of bytes of data in the body of the response