This page provides instructions for integrating AppDynamics and Splunk. This integration provides a single, cohesive view of data and allows you to:
- Launch Splunk searches using auto-populated queries from the AppDynamics Console based on criteria such as time ranges and the node IP address.
- Push notifications on policy violations and events from AppDynamics to Splunk.
- Mine performance data from AppDynamics using the Controller REST API and push it into Splunk.
Configure Splunk Integration
- Log in to the Controller UI as an administrator.
- Select Settings > Administration.
Select Integration > Splunk.
Click the Enabled checkbox.
For the URL, enter the Splunk URL and port number.
- Optionally, enter Extra Query Parameters. These parameters are appended to each Splunk search initiated from AppDynamics.
- Click Save.
Launch a Splunk Search from AppDynamics
You can launch a search of Splunk logs for a specific time frame associated with a transaction snapshot from several places in AppDynamics.
To launch a Splunk search:
- You need Splunk credentials. You will only enter your credentials the first time that you launch a Splunk search. Your credentials are cached by the browser after the first login.
- Ensure the Splunk Server is running.
- Configure your browser to allow pop-ups.
If you do not see a login prompt at first login, either your browser is blocking the Splunk login pop-up or the Splunk Server is not running.
You can access the Search Splunk option from the node dashboard or the business transaction dashboard.
Node Dashboard Access
- Navigate to a node dashboard.
- Select Actions > Search Splunk.
Business Transaction Dashboard
- Select the Transaction Snapshot tab.
- Right-click a transaction snapshot.
- Select More Actions.
- Select Search Splunk.