Download page Configure Instrumentation Overview.
Configure Instrumentation Overview
The scope configuration model reduces the number of steps it takes to apply transaction detection rules to multiple tiers.
Under the scope configuration model, you can apply settings to groups of tiers, in addition to individual tiers and nodes. Groups of tiers are called scopes. Only transaction detection settings for applications created in AppDynamics 4.3 or later adhere to the scope model.
Live Preview Mode
You can interactively experiment with transaction detection rule configurations using Live Preview. Live Preview streams data from an active node, providing real-time data for the following configurations:
- All transaction detection rules that apply to a node. See Business Transaction Discovery Sessions.
- A single custom match rule applied to a node. See Custom Match Rule Live Preview.
The following limits apply to Live Preview:
- 100 sessions on the Controller
- 20 sessions on an account
- 10 sessions on a business application
You can specify the following types of programmatic expressions when configuring detection rules:
- Regular expression: A string or character search pattern
- Getter chains: Enable you to access data returned by methods in your application