Download page Using Application Analytics Data.
Using Application Analytics Data
This page provides instructions on how to use the Application Analytics data.
You have several strategies available for locating and using analytics data of interest. Once you have identified data that is useful for your business, you can use visualization or other features to represent and monitor that data.
Application Analytics enables you to do the following:
- Configure data sources to collect data for analytics.
- Create and visualize searches and add them to custom dashboards.
- Create API Keys for users of the Analytics Events API.
- Create and view metrics created from analytics searches.
- Define and monitor Business Journeys.
- Define Experience Level reports.
- Export data to CSV files.
Strategies for Locating Data of Interest
- Use a saved search by selecting one from the list. Use the actions in the action bar to manage named searches by saving, duplicating, and so on.
- Create searches for specific use cases. For details, see Search Analytics Data.
- Focus on a specific time range by dragging your mouse across the event stream or by using the time range dropdown.
- Select various fields from the data, targeting the kind of data of interest to you, then scan the event list. Double-click on any specific event to display more information.
- Examine Top 10 Values. Click on a field to see the top 10 values of that field in your filtered dataset. The results are presented as a count and percentage of all data within the specified time range for that field. These values provide immediate insights from your data without having any predefined rules or previous knowledge of the data. You can add a value to the search criteria bar by hovering over the value and clicking the + icon.
- Relevant Fields. This feature helps you find fields with a high relevance score. A high relevance score indicates these fields are significantly more common in your filtered results than in the entire data set and may be useful to investigate. See Investigate Using Relevant Fields for a suggested workflow.
Visualize Analytics Data
Once you have defined your data, use the Visualization tab to explore specific aspects of the data that interests you and drill down into the relationships you need to understand.
Each visualization type is a widget and widgets can be added/removed. For details, see Visualize Analytics Data.