This page describes the supported environments and versions for Browser RUM.
Browser RUM Support
- IE 10/11/Edge
- Chrome 18.104.22.168 or later, including Mobile
- Firefox, including Mobile
- Safari 4 or later, including Mobile
- Opera 12 or later
Browsers are rapidly evolving, and not all versions have been individually tested with Browser RUM. You can view the browser versions likely to support the Resource Timing API.
Browser Requirements for Sessions
To use Browser RUM sessions, your browser is required to support for the following:
cross-origin resource sharing (CORS) for beacons
local storage for multiple-page sessions (single-page / multiple virtual page sessions don't need local storage)
Browser RUM sessions do not support beacons implemented with GIFs.
Injection Types for Browser RUM in Java Environments
Listed below are the injection types with their supported frameworks/technologies:
- Automatic Injection: JavaServer Pages (JSP) compiled using the Jasper compiler. Jasper is the default JSP compiler in Tomcat, Glassfish, and JBoss.
- Assisted Injection: All Servlet frameworks.
- Manual Injection: All technologies that generate HTML pages.
Injection Types for Browser RUM in .NET Environments
AppDynamics certifies Browser RUM instrumentation for the following .NET frameworks:
Web Application/ AJAX Frameworks
Additional Supported Script Injection Methods
ASP.NET Web Forms (.aspx)
ASP.NET MVC Web Forms (.aspx)
3, 4, 5
ASP.NET MVC Razor
3, 4, 5
AppDynamics does not support Browser RUM instrumentation of legacy ASP (
Supported Runtime Environments for .NET Browser RUM
- Microsoft IIS versions 6.0, 7.0, 7.5, 8.0, 8.5